Friday, October 26, 2012

Lucy and Other Projects

Sorry it's been longer than I originally said it'd be for an update, but I've been a bit busy as of late. Progress on Lucy is going slower than I'd hoped for, as I've got a few side projects running as well.

The main one being getting started on my Imperial army for 40K. I say Imperial because it'll technically be 3 armies all combined into one, those being Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Sisters of Battle, and maybe eventually some Grey Knights as well.

At the moment I'm working on some of the IG, just some infantry squads, nothing fancy. The biggest issue was finding a paint scheme I liked and then figuring out exactly how to paint it. I've pretty much got that done though and I've base coated one Guardsmen squad, as that's all I have for the IG at the moment aside from a few random models here and there.

As for the Sisters I already know I'm going to be painting them up as the Order of Our Martyred Lady. The only problem is... I don't have all the colors I need for them, so for now they're just primed and waiting for paint. Just one Sisters squad though, since GW decided to troll Sisters players and stop making boxed sets for them. According to my shopping cart on GW my Sisters part of the army will run me about $1,400, which is insane, so I'm having to look around for used models.

As for the SMs, they'll be painted up similar to Blood Ravens, however they will not be BRs. I haven't bothered to think up a name or anything yet as I'm still working on paint scheme I like. Fortunately I have quite a bit more SMs than the others so I've got more to work on. I haven't divided up squads yet but I've got about 40 'rines, 'bout 10 Assault 'rines, a Rhino, Whirlwind, and Dread. I'm running several options for HQ as well, got 2 Chaps and 2 Cap'ns, all with different gear. I've got a Vet squad too, and if I can find it, somewhere I've got a dusty old Land Raider that I want to convert to a Crusader with bits I've got.

Not for play obviously, but more so just a show model I've got an Emperor Class Battleship too, but I don't play BFG so it's just for show and history I suppose once I write it. Maybe someday I'll try and make a scale version of at least part of it... some day, in the far future.

Once I finish the color prototypes for the IG and the SMs I'll get some pictures up.

No comments:

Post a Comment